When people apply for jobs online and never hear back, it's often because they haven’t formatted their resume in a way that is compliant to be read and reviewed with ATS software. Unfortunately, the job seeker is never notified and has no way of knowing that their resume simply didn’t meet the rules established by the ATS. About 70% of all resumes submitted for online job postings cannot be read by an ATS.
Marty Gilbert, job search coach and founder of NorthShore Executive Networking Group (NSENG), will walk through how to build an ATS resume.
In addition to covering what you should and shouldn’t do, Marty will talk about:
- Getting a standard resume baseline and why the ATS exists
- Differences between a standard resume and an ATS version
- How an ATS resume should be structured
- Specific guidelines you need to consider when building your ATS resume
- The importance of keyword matching and how to pick the right keywords
You will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email. If you have questions about this event after registration has closed, please email the events team or call the library at 847-673-7774.